Sunday, February 12, 2006

Update....date: 2/12/06 Sunday morning

Okay, let's see....Thursday, 8th: I WAS going to tour island via THE BUS.
I chose not to and actually, it was a good thing. DSIL needed to visit Dr. (at Tripler Hospital). DD took DSIL around 10ish for a shot (shin situation).
He returned to work and would need to return to Hosp. later in afternoon.
So DD and I went to lunch! at Zippy's and then I tagged along for couple of her errands. Then it was time (2pm) for her to take DSIL back to hospital for them to take some photos. I tagged along. Got to go inside Tripler Hospital. So , I am glad I chose to stay behind, since I got to spend some time with dd.(no photos)

FRIDAY. This was a fun day. Lots of adventure for me. Tonight was going to be the Luau! (Germaine's).

But I cannot hang around an apt. ALL day .....dd was going to sleep in....so I knew this was definitely a lazy day for her .....so I walked to the bus stop (mile away)....and boarded #32 and then transfered to #2 to Waikiki. Walked in the Kuhio beach area.

Three boys just having fun.

I love this shot.

Here are those boys again.

Facing Diamond Head


Well, It was a short visit to Waikiki, but I enjoyed myself. Well, I returned home and then it was pretty much time to get ready to leave for Luau! (we left the homefront around 4:10, and arrived around 5pm)

The lady that Audrey befriended at her work (maybe it should be the lady befriended Audrey!)....and she must be a owner or part owner or whatever with Germaine's since it was free for us!
How wonderful was that. When we arrived, dd said her name is on a list, the lady said "oh, how nice, you know the boss to have it comped(sp?)"
We were very much appreicated.
It was pretty much easy to get there from Pearl Harbor. There were about 10 bus loads! , plus many private vehicles. Yes, it is next to an industrial park, but once you are inside, you see the ocean and it gets dark and thus, you are alllll alone on a special island in your mind. We enjoyed it very much.
Here are some photos.







Hunky hunks getting the pig out.....



Entertaining music....

Yum.....

gals learning the hula...





Saturday:

Today was fun and different for me! Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera (what a doltz..) Though i did meet a lady sitting next to me with husband and she said she would send me photos of event and even some of the pro bowl the would be attending on Sunday. I hope they don't lose my address i have them (e-mail) and if they even remember. LOL

Sunday is the Pro Bowl here at the Aloha Stadium just down the road from dd. I read that today would be Ohana Day -FREE and the Backstreet Boys would be there!. Well, "FREE" sure did sound good to me. I mentioned it to dd and what did she say? "it's over at noon?, yeah, I could come back and take a nap".... She never mentioned that she was interested when we went to bed Friday night, so I decided to head down their by myself and let them sleep in.....So I am up around 5:30....
I shower and dress....Now I am thinking, wait, this is a concert with the Backstreet boys! OMG, I am going to be the only 49yr old fart with a bunch of screaming neamies! I was saying to myself, 'what are you thinking'?
Well, I decided to go anyway. I make my way to the bus stop, but missed the bus by just a few minutes (that is what I get for hesitating).
So I decide it cannot be THAT far, and I walk. Well, it was not far at all!
My stroll took 20 minutes. I did NOT power walk. I got in line at 7:25.
Stood in Line for 1 hr.

Once inside, finally; we got our seats (just one side). It was WARM/HOT and sunny. Lots of music and fun! It was televised on ESPN. It was not a concert! It was sort of a practice (but it's not like they practiced HARD, they seemed to be out there for show sort of). the National League cheerleaders did their thing, and then they introduced the Nationa League Team and they stretched and practiced. LOTS of football fans with memorbilia that they hoped would get autographs, but no signing today. Then there were fun and games during commercials, and lots of interviews.
Just fun to be there and watch.

The American league team and cheerleaders did their thing.....

Backstreet Boys were there and did a simple and short acapella song....nothing much ....and then it ended with the Navy Seal Paratoopers!
they flew in and landed right there on the field. All 8 of them. That was the coolest thing ever! I have never ever seen such a thing!

Later, dd and I went to furniture store (she was bored) and she was looking for a chair and I took photos of the cool hawaiian pillows, and pictures. So pretty.











Today (Sunday) I am hoping to get dd out of the house before 2pm (actually KC is hard to get out since he can spend ALLLLLLL flippen day playing his PC games (World of Warcraft?).... and tour around the island and roam North shore! and find that Shaved Ice place!

That's it....I hope to have great photos tomorrw....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home