Thursday, February 09, 2006

Culture on Wednesday

Today was Cultural Day.

I boarded bus at 10:15am and arrived at Kahili Transit Center. I was looking for either Bus 1, 2 or A or B....but there were several loading area! I felt like a lost puppy.....
Finally saw where Bus #1 was loading ....got on and headed towards Iolani Palace , State Capitol area.

I got off and then went into Ali'iolani Hale: formerly Legislative Assembly & Supreme Court; now Supreme Court & Judiciary History Center.





Bro wsed around and then went across the street to the Iolani Palace.

I did not have a "reservation" but since I was single! I fit in with the tour that was JUST starting! (great to be single).
$20 for the grand tour of upstairs etc. It is a beautiful! building. I could not take any photos , just got post cards and don't have a scanner....sorry
But trust me, it is beautiful!

This is view of state capitol


I then went over to the Hawaii Museum of Art...








I was roaming on Fort Street? ....had a little bite to eat


I do ALLLL this, (get on bus at 10:15 am) and return around 3:45 and daughter was STILLLLLL getting her hair worked on. Lady does not take appointments and god forbid dd get to hair stylist earlier than 11am....
Walked up the hill and waited about 15 for dd to get to a point to pick me up (cannot enter without military person).
It was a FUN and adventurous (sp?) day.

Today is Thurs. and I WAS going to do something via bus, but decided not to.
not much happening today.....I guess, in order to get out and DO and SEE things, I need to get on my own and travel via bus.
Thanks!
aloha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home