Thursday, February 02, 2006

In Hawaii











Wow, I am finally here! I cannot believe it. This is day 2 of 21 days.
I flew via Hawaiian Airlines. Very nice. Such pretty music to listen to! . Since I am not a size 4, the seats were quite snug, and rather diffucult to read my book. But I just kept saying to myself, " few hours and you will be in Hawaii"!!! So hard when person in front of you moves their seat all the way back..
I arrived in Oahu and tried to find my way to the Baggage Claim. I think it was a mile walk? Not that I don't mind a nice walk, but I don't enjoy it when I am not sure where to go! . Audrey and son in law (dressed in Army dress uniform) was waiting for me with a beautiful flower lei! . So pretty and smelly (in a good way).
Once we retrieved my luggage, we dropped SIL at his work. Drove towards her place but before we got there got a call from SIL to pick him up (was able to just go home for day). and relaxed. Got to see my grand furbabbies
Daughter and I then drove to Navy Exchange and roamed, browsed and had a happy meal.
She showed me Ford Island and I saw USS Arizona Memorial to the left of the bridge.
Later on we drove to Ala Moana Mall and had a bite to eat at the food court and browsed some.

Tuesday (day of arrival), Audrey drove us to the Swap meet at the Aloha Stadium. She lives just a mile or so from there! I really liked that place. Great deals! I got a photo frame for $7, 3 luggage tags for $5, T-shirt for dh for $5 (very large size to boot).....I am going to get a woven basket for my boss for $15 next time we go there. Tons of hawaiian themed items. so fun. Many sellers.

She then drove me around Pearl Harbor Navy base. Went "big" grocery shopping at Hickam Air Base. Home to relax. Later tonight going to Pearlridge to make appt. for our nails to be done. (heeee

Thusday, she and SIL will be going to Schofield Base for some military family training....I've decided to relax here....clean up....iron clothes....keep cats company (at least one cat) and maybe take a little walk. It is 1 mile from her home to the one gate entrance. The other gate entrance is another mile. I will walk to the back gate entrance/exit. There is a beautiful view...hope the sun is not shinning too much for photo taking.



THURSDAY:
I decided today I will stay back, do some cleaning for daughter and organize my mess, take a walk and there is a point where it has great view! of downtown/waikiki area. TOMORROW, I will get on the bus, I promise.

Went to Pearlridge Mall last night for just an errand (make appt. for nails) and gosh! the traffic! at 6:30 on freeway to Pearl City was terrible! packed! One does not see that when they are in Waikiki area only. (gee, what a priviledge? ).

Oh, and the NEX exchange is huge. I don't know if it is the largest, but it is incredible! and so beautiful when you enter! The main enterance has like a rotunda and when you look up they painted a beautiful mural with whales and all....beautiful!!! I did not have my camera, but will bring it next time.

Okay, here is a stupid thing I did on 2nd day there. Gosh,
I vacuum. You know, mom being busy and helpful... So it is a bagless vacuum (like I have)...and I am thru and take the garbage bag and the vacuum filter down to toss in and empty in garbage.... I get down to the garbage bin and toss the bag (with no problem) and then take the vacuum filter and put it in and start emptying and tapping (It was full!!!!!, geesh) and what do you know I drop the filter!!! Oh geesh, this garbage bin is the kind you have to climb in!!!! ,So I go upstairs to tell DD20 and she is so sweet "Oh, that's ok, we needed to get a new filter anyway" (actually, they could have gotten 4-5 more months out of this filter)
Geesh! dopey mom trying to help out.

HERE IS A PHOTO OF HOW CLOSE THEY ARE TO A BUGERKING. MILITARY ON BASE ONE, OF COURSE. I DON'T THINK THEY GO THERE TOO OFTEN. GAS STATION IS RIGHT THERE TOO. THEY GO THERE ALL THE TIME. $2.57 MILITARY COST. $2.78 OR MORE ELSEWHERE.







I bought this to try, and OMG, it was sooo good. the pineapple and coconut were not just flavoring!! But the coconut was huge!!! and hecka nice pineapple chunks! I was totally off guard...thinking "Oh, there will be just flavorings of pineapple and coconut. Next time I am getting the macadamia nut kind! ohhhhh


Photo taken from a book, but this is an overview of Triple Hospital. Such history!
Audrey and KC go here for their medical needs and she is going to take me here later for a little tour.


This is also from a book, but it is an overview of: Ko 'Olina Resort and Marina. It is on the West O'ahu shore. I've some nice reviews! and will try to go here too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home