Saturday, February 04, 2006

Friday evening in Waikiki


I got to walk in the sand Friday! We parked at a garage right next to International Marketplace. roamed some (I will get my trinkets at Swap meet for better prices ). and then we found this restaraunt that DD and DSIL ate at with Mike's brother, wife and kids in the summer when they were visiting island. Big Kahunas. Nice tropical place. great sandwich! I had a Pina Colada! Then we roamed some more....lots of buildings and lots of people. We walked across the street to the statue , called DH and he and DS saw us! (I will share some photos tomorrow----DSIL's computer is not on and they went out just now for errand , or to get away from me .Then just to the left of the statue there was a stage area with hula dancers (community hula groups). so pretty. Such a beautiful site. Then we roamed across the street again to walk thru the Hayatt Regency. Then on up the street.

We walked up and found an entrance to the beach and walked there. When we arrived at the beach area this young gal greeted us and said Aloha and placed a non-smelling (but pretty) lei across us. Me and then SIL....and asked if we were with anyone else. I said my daughter who was in front of us. I then said to myself, oh she would want a few dollars tip. I get out my $3 (I am a cheapskate I admit) and then hand it to her but she keeps talking and said something about helping and her brother and $10.I then begin to remove the lei. ....my DSIL is getting out money! ....and I snatch my money back. I was NOT going to fall for that line....(making a $3 lei and getting $10 for it). Oh well, I am sure my DSIL will learn in a few years...he is only 22. We then continue along the beach up towards Royal Hawaiian and then past the Sheraton! So pretty, the water on the left and the beautiful hotels and beachside singing to the right of us.Then past the beautiful Halekulani hotel.....and then to the Outrigger Reef.This is where DH's bro and fam stayed. we walked thru it and then on to the main drag. When we were in the small alley way areas there were fireworks going off! beach area. Dang! we missed seeing fireworks (go off on Fridays at 7:30) by like only 10 minutes. Drat. Oh well.Roamed some more and headed back. Saturday we will be touring the USS Arizona and USS Missouri.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home