Sunday, February 05, 2006

Saturday at Arizona Memorial and USS Missouri

Well, like I mentioned Saturday we visited Arizona Memorial.
OMG! I normally wake up early (5:30) and that is ALWAYS!!! Sat, I woke up at 5:30 and visited restroom and tried to go back to sleep and I DID!!! I woke up then at 8:30! I NEVER sleep in like that! That was so awesome!
Okay, we drove just couple of miles to the Arizona Memoial area. We got the audios and roamed around learning much to be learned.
Then it was time for our "ticket" (12:30 time slot). They have a nice movie to see (did not have that back in 1982/1983). NICE theatre. Then boarded the boat and visited the Memorial.

We then returned and had some food at the food area. Then we boarded the Trolley to visit the USS Missouri. It was nice and quiet (not a slew of visitors). I had never been on this ship and it was such an honor to see the history!

Pretty much returned home, daughter made chili in crock pot and then around 6pm ish she and I went to the brand new Wal Mart in Pearl Ridge area. It so happens that it was opening weekend! It was quite crowded but also not that terrible. People were friendly in the aisles. I am one to vote for Wal Mart anyway .

Thoughts: I love , just LOVE , listening to Hawaiian music on the radio. I realize my daughter has better cutting knives than I do! I love being here and seeing so much more than I normally would. I love to see how my daughter lives, her hangouts, etc. I love Audrey's cats and want one again. hee Weather in February is close to perfect.

Photo of Momma cat and Tink









We then visited the Battleship Missouri. This is where on 9/2/45 the end of WWII peace treaty was signed.

This is the spot (again, if you click on the photo, a larger version will pop up.)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home